One can expect a lot from someone dubbed as “The Pitbull of Personal Development”. That’s Larry Winget for you. He’s also marketed as the “World’s Only Irritational Speaker”. Obviously, he’s not like other motivational speakers. He’s quite a personality which is rather helpful as he’s a valued TV personality. He’s also an author with several bestsellers under his belt.
Quotes from The Pitbull
Listed below are some of the best quotes from Larry Winget:
- “Everything in life is a lesson. Refusing to learn the lesson means that it will be repeated until the lesson is learned.”
This is a very deep quote. Basically, what he’s saying is we have to learn whatever lesson life is trying to teach us. These lessons usually come in the form of challenges. As long as we’re not learning, life will continue teaching us a lesson.
- “Training is expensive. Books are expensive. Going to seminars is expensive. Being stupid is even more expensive.”
This quote is for people who don’t want to spend on their education. What they don’t know is being stupid is even more expensive than what you’d have to spend on your continuing education.
- “If your life sucks, it’s because you suck.”
This is a quote that gives credibility to his tag, “World’s Only Irritational Speaker”. It’s an “in your face” quote but if you’re going to think about it, it makes a lot of sense. You’re the one living your life. You can decide whether your life will rock or suck.
This quote is complemented by another good quote of his – “Create the life you want to have by living by design and not by default.”
- “It’s better to have a good divorce than a bad marriage.”
How many motivational speakers will tell you that a divorce is better than a marriage? If you’re going to think about it, why stay in a bad marriage when you can have a good divorce?
- “The problem with “self-help” is that there is way too much help and not enough self.”
Where else can you find a motivational speaker who points out problems in the industry he’s in? He’s right, though. A lot of people are looking for help, fully expecting others to help without them doing anything. Self-help is all about learning how you can help yourself with the guidance of people like Larry Winget.
- “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy or stupid. Those are the things that happen when you don’t have a plan.”
Every good thing starts with a plan. On the other hand, all bad things start with not having a plan. Simply put, plan for a good life, follow that plan, and live a good life.
- “Being healthy is a choice.”
Those trying to lose weight can start on the right track if they listen to this quote. Being healthy doesn’t just happen. It’s a choice that you have to make. By choosing to be healthy, that’s when you can make healthier choices.
Now you know why he’s called the “Pitbull of Personal Development”.